Europa-List: Re: Hydrophobic coatings for Perspex?

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Hydrophobic coatings for Perspex?
From: John Wighton <john@wighton.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2020 00:33:37

Although not windscreen specific, I believe my hangar buddies (3 of 8 aircraft)
invested in a ceramic coating on their aircraft (Decathlon, Cirrus SR22 G5 and
a C172).  The Cirrus is closest to the Europa construction-wise.  That aircraft
was clean already (to my eyes) but it went through a very intense cleaning
before the Williams Ceramic Coat was applied (as in 3 whole days of detailing).

Aircraft now feels and looks great.

The Decathlon went to Cavendish Aviation at Earls Colne, still looks good but it
must be 3 years since it was treated.

C172 never looked any different, although I don't stroke that one so often (!)

I have some blemishes on my Europa screen (some caused by the R44 that had a
rotor
strike at Glos in 2019).  I'd be interested to hear the best way of getting
ride of these.  I have polished car headlights to remove dullness and scratches
before but never the Europa transparancies.

--------
John Wighton
Europa XS trigear G-IPOD

Read this topic online here: