Europa-List: Re: ADS-B GPS / WAAS antenna install

Subject: Europa-List: Re: ADS-B GPS / WAAS antenna install
From: h&amp;jeuropa <butcher43@att.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2020 04:32:09

Ron,

Our GPS antenna (GNS 430) is mounted on a aluminum plate which is attached to
the
top of the fuselage aft of the baggage bulkhead.  I think it is about 12"
diameter
and I just used wood spacers about 2"-3" long bonded to the fiberglas.

The main reason for posting is that we had a lot of difficulity finding a place
for our magnetometer that isnt affected by RF from the comm antenna (dipole on
vertical fin per the manual).  The place that finally worked is overhead between
the doors.  Even there we had to use ferrite beads on the wires.  I wanted
to alert you to this potential problem before you mount your GPS antenna there.

Jim

Read this topic online here: