Re: Europa-List: Re: ADS-B GPS / WAAS antenna install

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: ADS-B GPS / WAAS antenna install
From: D McFadyean <amimcfadyean@talktalk.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2020 18:01:24
Correction: 12 channels.

> On 25 September 2020 at 16:41 D McFadyean <ami-mcfadyean@talktalk.net> wr
ote:

>     Ditto everything that David said in regard to the GA35 and mounting b
etween doors.

>     Mine is an early version c 2002, outputs NMEA (so not just an antenna
) and only 9 channels.

>     However, I have found it to occasionally drop in steep turns; maybe i
t just doesn't like turning.

>     Duncan McF.
>
>         > > On 25 September 2020 at 09:02 davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk wrote
:

> >         Ron, I have a GA35 antenna for my G3X touch system with GPS20A
and GTX45R. The installation instructions at the time (Rev B) made no menti
on of a ground plate and mine is installed at head level between the doors
on a ply panel filling that recess with no form of ground plate. It has wor
ked perfectly with all tests OK. I note that in the current Rev F instructi
ons it does not say a ground plane is necessary, simply something like
=98for best results a ground plane is advisable.=99  It would not
be too difficult putting a ground plane in that space although it would not
 be as wide as recommended but I see no reason to do so in the light of my
experience. Regards, David Joyce, GXSDJ

goris" <rparigor@hotmail.com mailto:rparigor@hotmail.com >

> > >             Hi Bill The Garmin GA 35 is an active antenna and require
s a ground plane that extends 7.5" off the edge of the antenna. Somehow 5vd
c gets put in and being active it amplifies signal. I spoke to Garmin and S
teinair and both said it's necessary. Comant antenna does not need a ground
 plane. Ron P.

> > >             Read this topic online here:
> > >
> > >             http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=4985; --> h
ttp://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=498520#498520 http://www.matro