Europa-List: Re: Stall Warner

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Stall Warner
From: clivesutton <clive.maf@googlemail.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2020 00:44:31

Hello James, welcome to the Europa community!

I've not much to add to the replies you've had so far except to to echo Peter
J's
remark about how tricky it can be to set the switch sensitivity.  The point
between not working and working is very fine and can only really be done in
flight.
I had the same issue on mine at its initial permit testing and after changing
the switch (which didn't help really) i found a way to extend the pipework
and wiring so that the switch could be easily set from the P2 position [i
put the switch behind the parcel tray moulding and drilled a hole through it
to enable a watchmakers screwdriver to go into the switch].  Andy D then flew
the aircraft close to 5kt above the stall whilst i adjusted the switch until it
sounded.  It took a few attempts.

In case its useful, and whilst it does not compete with this bulletin board,
there
is also a Facebook page for Europa owners you might also find useful

ATB

Clive Sutton
G-YETI

Read this topic online here: