Europa-List: Re: 914 Fuel Pressure Regulator plumbing question

Subject: Europa-List: Re: 914 Fuel Pressure Regulator plumbing question
From: Remi Guerner <air.guerner@orange.fr>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2020 04:56:55

Hi Ron,
Years ago, when I was messing with the 914, I did some calculation about that.
I found that ram air pressure was 1.4 percent over static pressure inside the
airbox.
This is a very small pressure increase: .025 PSI. This is enough to enriched
the mixture significantly, but this nothing compared to the differential
fuel pressure which is in the 2 to 6 psi range. Therefore plumbing the Fuel
Pressure
regulator to the enrichment valve instead of the airbox static pressure
would not change anything.
Remi

Read this topic online here: