Europa-List: Classic firewall.... singleton vs steel & cooling.

Subject: Europa-List: Classic firewall.... singleton vs steel & cooling.
From: Pete <peterz@zutrasoft.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2020 13:39:06

Hi folks,

I found on my classic that the composite firewall pretty well closed off the
cowl
exit on my classic, with the muffler tucked up right against it.

I now wonder if the rudder pedal tubes and drive arms can be left on the engine
side of the firewall, and simply fabricate a stainless firewall sheet in line
with the upper firewall, leaving the rudder pedals, and all four engine mounts
on the engine side of the firewall.

I wonder how warm the pedals will get in the summer?  My classic does have
nicely
overlapping and tight stainless rudder pedal passthroughs.

Does anyone out there have a classic with a firewall as i have described?

Cheers and thx,
Pete