RE: Europa-List: Not starting 912ULS

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Not starting 912ULS
From: D McFadyean <amimcfadyean@talktalk.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2020 21:01:37

Or deal direct:
https://www.ignitech.cz/en/vyrobky/bikes/rotax/rotax%20912%20and%20914/rotax%20912%20and%20914.htm

Duncan McF.

> On 06 July 2020 at 14:32 Steve Ivell <SteveIvell@pestproof.co.uk> wrote:
>

> Hi Dave
>
> If it's the ignition module then you can usually "wake it up" by heating it
> with
a hair dryer/hot air gun (gently!!). Once it starts it should run fine as
the engine heats the ignition modules.

> The Carmo repairs seem to fail after a while and are relatively expensive.
> There
is a guy called Andy Buchan who is a UK instructor who is supplying new
(non-rotax)
modules at 300 per pair. They also have a long lead so you can mount
them away from the engine, say on the firewall, away from the vibration and a
bit less heat.

> They have apparently been "road tested" on various aircraft and seem to work
well. May be worth a try.

> Kind Regards
>
> Steve Ivell

On Behalf Of david park
> Sent: 05 July 2020 11:41
> To: europa-list@matronics.com
> Subject: Europa-List: Not starting 912ULS
>

> Fitted new radiator hose last week and ran engine to test for leaks.
> Went back yesterday and will not start. I had fitted a soft start module.
> After
failing to start I removed the module and tried on the standard start with
the key start mag switch. Still no start. Checked plug for spark no spark??
Checked
earths seem ok.