RE: Europa-List: Not starting 912ULS

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Not starting 912ULS
From: Steve Ivell <SteveIvell@pestproof.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2020 13:32:25

Hi Dave

If it's the ignition module then you can usually "wake it up" by heating it with
a hair dryer/hot air gun (gently!!). Once it starts it should run fine as the
engine heats the ignition modules.

The Carmo repairs seem to fail after a while and are relatively expensive. There
is a guy called Andy Buchan who is a UK instructor who is supplying new
(non-rotax)
modules at 300 per pair. They also have a long lead so you can mount them
away from the engine, say on the firewall, away from the vibration and a bit
less heat.

They have apparently been "road tested" on various aircraft and seem to work
well.
May be worth a try.

Kind Regards

Steve Ivell