RE: Europa-List: Re: Classic throttle cables

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Re: Classic throttle cables
From: Bob Harrison <ptag.dev@talktalk.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2020 12:38:22

Hi!Gordon,
No I don't have any pics or the plane any longer but I recall the cables
went forward from the standard quadrant box on the XS cockpit module through
the firewall and curved gently upwards to lay on the top of the engine,
forwards and then aligned backwards to the carb connections.  They appeared
ridiculously long but no sharp or forced bends and no ties gave a completely
free movement. Once positioned they stayed throttle set by the friction
clamped on the actual throttle lever. But as you said they need to fail in
full throttle mode.
I also only oiled the actuating ends ......none down the cable length
......it only makes drag and collects dust. Mine were bicycle multistrand
cables , not the solid single wire type.

Hope this helps.
Regards
Bob Harrison    Ex G-PTAG.