Re: Europa-List: Re: 5 point harness

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: 5 point harness
From: William Daniell <wdaniell.longport@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2020 16:33:59
Roland
I dont seem to have photos of my seat so I will take some if I remember
when I next go to the hangar.  Here's a pic of the right seat.    It has a
hinge and removable wedges to adjust the under thigh support.  this photo
is
[image: IMG_6121.jpg]
without the wedges.  My instructor flew from that seat the other day and
pronounced it comfortable
[image: IMG_6119 (1).jpg]

The rudder pedals are in the standard location.

My principle with the aircraft was to make it as light as possible.

The seat I made for myself from composite/coremat. It is about 1/4" thick.
 It is designed to support my weight evenly from shoulder blades through to
back of thigh so that almost no padding is required.  Today I fly with just
a sheepskin - no foam.  I am aware of the issue of hard landing and
compression but  I  considered that the lack of padding would be mitigated
by distributing my weight over a wider area.

There is about an inch from my headphones to the plexi

As it happened when I flew from Colombia to USA I flew every day for two
weeks up to 5 hours a day and was never uncomfortable.

William Daniell
LONGPORT
+1 786 878 0246