Re: Europa-List: Re: Frame/gear offset error?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Frame/gear offset error?
From: Kingsley Hurst <kingsnjan@westnet.com.au>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2020 09:17:29
Peter,

Photos can be deceiving but in the photo attached, it appears the brass
bushings may be offset with respect to the swinging arm. As a point of
interest, have you tried inverting each pair of bushings to see if there
is any improvement?

If the tabs as you call them are different distances from the side frame
(a fabrication error as you suspect), I think I would be tempted to
simply grind away that part of the swinging arm that conflicts. There
is not much clearance at the best of times in that area.

Now to answer your question . . . . . No I haven't seen that fabrication
error but I have seen a different one on the same framework.

Cheers
Kingsley

On 26.06.20 1:45 am, Pete wrote:
> Indeed the swingarm is centered on the lower frame tube by two small tabs
> welded
onto the top of that tube, which ride on the inside vertical surface of the
arms brass bushing blocks.  Those tabs are nicely tight on the swingarm to
prevent
any lateral sliding of the swingarm on the tube, but sadly they are offset
to the pilots side on mine, preventing the swingarm from clearing the vertical
tube.  I was just wonder if others had seen this fabrication error, or if
mine was a one-off mistake.