Europa-List: Re: Unimproved field flying with the Europa

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Unimproved field flying with the Europa
From: Europa48 <corinthian@me.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2020 09:14:07

jonthayer@sbcglobal.ne wrote:
> Just curious to get some real data on unimproved field access and  flying in
the Europa.  How well does the Tri-gear handle the landings and takeoffs.  I've
been told the mono is the way to go, but can be a bit finicky during landing
and takeoffs on hard pavement not to mention the real world double insurance
costs... Thanks for the responses.
> Regards,
> Jon

Certainly a mono will handle rough fields better than a trigear. Like any
aircraft
whether mono or trigear every aircraft rehires correct handling otherwise
it will bite you. The Cessna "Landamatic" that was advertised in the fifties was
just an adpersons slogan.

I pay around 740 for my insurance with a hull value of 50,000 which I think is
fair and not loaded because of the configuration. My three previous trigears
were
all around the same cost to insure.

Read this topic online here: