Europa-List: Post curing, My Saga

Subject: Europa-List: Post curing, My Saga
From: Tony Renshaw <tonyrenshaw268@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2020 18:42:58

Gidday Bud, Phil, Pete, Kingsley, and co.,
Post curing, what a headache.!
The Ampreg 20 by Gurit as Bud said requires post cure to gain its full strength,
nevertheless of course it gets hard, goes rigid at room temperature and years
later with fluctuating temperatures, one could think its ok. My conclusion is
that the 50 degrees for 16 hours is mandatory if you want the full design
strength,
however like all certification requirements there are safety factors you
eat into or make obsolete if you dont. The post cure increases one of the
strength
characteristics by 45 %, thats a lot!
So, Im of the view you can post cure anytime after construction and 20 years of
fluctuating temperatures unless they are probably up over 80% of the desired
temperature, repeatedly, and for extended duration each heat cycle, wont achieve
the same. Ill be honest, my flight controls are that age too. Im worried, they
are cooking as I speak, have been for 8 hours, and I have two temperature
indicators saying one thing, and a Weber dual temperature food probe saying 10%
more, the first 2 in the mid forties, the Weber meat probes, one at 53, the
other 54.  The temperature sourcing is at the top of the controls surfaces. The
actual heater is set for 49 degrees, is mounted 200 mm from the roof, and as
it contains the heat sensor I find it hard to believe the temperature could be
8 degrees hotter a couple of feet below the heater, this would be unlikely.
Anyway, Ill tell you in the morning when I open the door.... yes, I have been
unable to visually monitor anything. If its all melted, keep chainsaws away from
me!
Bud, I got to read what you said and yet in the master email your response was
all gobbly-gook. This used to happen to me with Graham Singletons emails too,
I never worked it out but Kingsley sent it through to me so I read what you have
said.
Thanks fellas, wish me luck when I open the door tomorrow morning.
TR