Re: Europa-List: Batteries

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Batteries
From: Richard Churchill-Coleman <richard.churchillcoleman@sky.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2020 14:53:48
Unfortunately, Silent Hektik refuses to sell their items to UK residents. Pe
rhaps a reaction to Brexit - But they didn=99t give me an explanation!

Richard C-C

Sent from my iPhone

or by a Silent Hektik. Like this: https://www.silent-hektik.de/UL_R_912.htm

> Olivier
>
>> Le 14 avr. 2020 =C3- 14:24, Alan Burrill <alanb@dpy01.co.uk> a =C3=A9cr
it :

uk>

ing the capacity, particularly if you are flying an aircraft that relies on o
nly electric pumps ( 914).  The LTX9 has a capacity of only 3.6 AH.<<

>> When I fitted a a LiPro to my 912ULS Tri-gear, I worked through the stati
c load i.e. Radio, GPS, Master Solenoid, Transponder. and then dyna
mic load i.e. Radio Transmitting, trimmer and flap operation
. With a static load of 8 amps I have 2 hours of battery capability
 and can extend that if I close down transponder, put GPS on internal batter
y and other measures.  In other words I can cross the channel and find an ai
rfield to divert into.

>> If anyone is considering fitting a LiPro I recommend sitting down first a
nd working out the electrical load factors first and then considering how mu
ch capacity your would need to divert should you loose an alternator. It's d
one for IFR capable aircraft as part of the design.

erver@matronics.com] On Behalf Of Richard Scanlan
>>> Sent: 14 April 2020 09:42
>>> To: europa-list@matronics.com
>>> Subject: Europa-List: Batteries
>>>

>>> A friend of mine in the motorcycle trade after looking at the Rotax char
ging system specified a 6.5kg lead acid. Two years later he suggested LiPo a
nd after 7 years I=99m now on my second one. It=99s 800 grams an
d the first failed through age. LTX9-BS and =82=AC80 delivered through eB
ay. I initially had concerns over an early regulator failure but that=99
s still original after 10 years and 700 hours.