Europa-List: Re: CKT exhaust springs breaking

Subject: Europa-List: Re: CKT exhaust springs breaking
From: Remi Guerner <air.guerner@orange.fr>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2020 01:06:15

The CKT exhaust on my 912ULS has done 1300 hours without any spring failure so
far. The springs are maintained by a safety wire loop which prevent them from
vibrating, pic attached. However, I had a consistent leak at the spherical joint
on cylinder 3 pipe. I solved that problem using 2 additional springs on that
pipe to increase the pressure on the joint. The those two springs are attached
using safety wire which allows to adjust the tension.
I believe that the use of 4 springs per pipe with properly adjusted tension
could
be a solution to also reduce the load per spring, therefore preventing breakage
and increase redundancy.
Remi
F-PGKL

Read this topic online here: