Europa-List: Re: CKT exhaust springs breaking

Subject: Europa-List: Re: CKT exhaust springs breaking
From: tennant <barrington.tennant@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2020 07:29:25

Hi Jonathan,

I had a similar experience in the beginning but not with a CKT exhaust. The
springs
were stainless steel. Stainless steel does not like contact vibration and
the constant contact microwelding quickly rubs through the wire. I have used
galvanised spring steel for about 15 years without a breakage.
Don't ask where I got them as it must have been some DIY store!!
Your idea of a silicone damper sounds like a good idea though.

--------
Barry Tennant
D-EHBT
At EDLM  -  Germany