Re: Europa-List: MG wing spar - mono gear pushrod: design change?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: MG wing spar - mono gear pushrod: design change?
From: Richard Churchill-Coleman <richard.churchillcoleman@sky.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2019 14:59:01

Hi Pete

I have the first of those parts.  It was roughly the same price as the original
part (about $150) and in theory is the same part number as it now replaces the
original part.  However, two notes of caution:

1. I havent fitted it all together to be sure that the new geometry actually
operates
the flaps and clears the spar.

2. Europa told me it was being hand produced from a drawing by a subcontractor.
There were shall we say, a few delays and confused messages, in actually
extracting
the final part from Europa.

Kind regards
Richard

Sent from my iPhone

> On 27 Dec 2019, at 14:40, Peter Zutrauen <peterz@zutrasoft.com> wrote:
>
> As was encountered by some US builders, the thicker MG spar mod interferes
> with
the mono's flap drive tube.
> Now that the MG wings have been approved in Britain, has the factory created
a new tube shape which accommodates the thicker spars? If so, what might the
part
number and ballpark price be?