Europa-List: Re: Parachute

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Parachute
From: Roland <schmidtroland@web.de>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2019 03:29:09

Hi James,

the PH-GOO (Trigear XS)  https://abpic.co.uk/pictures/registration/PH-GOO  has
a BRS fitted, which - when deployed - is hooked to the engine frame and to two
points of the wing spar on both sides of the cabin. However I wouldn't really
trust the system as (I think) it has never been tested. Also the Cirrus CAPS
has to be maintained in certain intervalls (line cutters replaced after 6 years,
chute repacked etc.).

In my Europa I wear automatically deployed (ripchord is connected to a hook
behind the seats) emergency parachutes
RFB-TC1http://www.buchsein.eu/?page_id=89   instead of seat cushions. They need
to be repacked annually and they weight about 6 kg each. Price is about 2200
EUR each. Minimum height for full deployment is 80m AGL. I'm 1,82m tall and I
fit in quite well (XS-version). I like the peace of mind to have this "last
option" or "plan C" like I call it.

Cheers
Roland
PH-ZTI