Europa-List: Don?t mute the SmartASS3. Try option 6

Subject: Europa-List: Don?t mute the SmartASS3. Try option 6
From: Hitchflight <bobhitchcock@icloud.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2019 01:27:49

Hi Rodger, Hi Alan

Dont mute the SmartASS3. There is another way.

I have a SmartASS3 fitted in my Europa Mono. Wonderful piece of kit. If you
configure
the device target speed and select option 6 then in normal conditions you
will only occasionally hear the voice. For me it becomes a welcome cockpit
companion, not an irritant.  I would hear a warning voice if my gear was not
down
and locked. I do hear a comforting voice when I come over the hedge saying
Slow and sometimes, very acceptably a Too slow just before I flare.

I dont like the other extra speed announcements for I feel that I would
subconsciously
tend to ignore them. For my purposes I consciously selected the configurable
option of switching off the continuous voice speed read out. For me, I
only hear a voice when the speed is below my preset desired target speed. It is
possible to suppress all of the speaking that you hear in airspeed and speed
director modes except for when the speed is slow or very slow. To toggle the
only speak when slow mode, press and hold the push switch until you have heard
the sixth beep. It will say 6 enabled  then only speak when slow mode is enabled
or 6 disabled when the only speak when slow mode is disabled. In my opinion
the inclusive undercarriage warning is essential for the Europa Monowheel. My
proximity switch tells when the gear is a safely locked position, aided by an
AUVRAY spring.

I also have an electronic stall warning fitted.

Trust that helps.

Regards

Bob

Read this topic online here: