Europa-List: Rain ingress

Subject: Europa-List: Rain ingress
From: graeme bird <graeme@gdbmk.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2019 10:54:08

I had my Europa project on the drive a couple of days while weighing and
plugging
it all together and waggling the surfaces and after a couple of downpours was
alarmed to see so much water coming in; the passenger tray was turning into
bird bath, presumably because South co fasteners have been used on the cowl and
these won't seal like screws and rain from the windscreen will run through
them. The other source seems to be either the hinges or the top rubber door
seals
with water running along the inside of the top of the central roof cover panel
and dripping on to the baggage bay floor.
I've not noticed this on G-UMPY at all, but then again its rare that its left in
heavy rain. Ive always assumed its fairly water proof.
I wonder whether I could add some clear silicon along the top edge of the door
seal profile or what others have done (apart from use a cambric cover).

--------
Graeme Bird
Kit 2 in build,  Mono Classic 912;
Kit 1 G-UMPY -  Mono Classic/XS FFW 912S, Woodcomp SR3000/3W CS, trutrak Gemini
2 axis AP, PAW, PFLARM, ads-b out, 8.33khz, mode S, FP-5, Aera500, SD on Nexus,
Smart A3
380 hours, 980t
g(@)gdbmk.co.uk

Read this topic online here: