Re: Europa-List: Parachute

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Parachute
From: Fred Klein <freddythek10@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2019 17:06:14

No personal experience with Europa though flew a tailless biplane glider for
years
with a BRS chute...the Cirrus install is dependent upon moulded in joggles
to accommodate the breakaway suspension straps... retrofitting same on Europa
would be a challenge while maintaining fuselage structural integrity but
probably
doable by some adventurous lad...considerable weight penalty and, I suspect,
significant regulatory hurdles which would rule out a one-off installation.

Not sure about Ireland, but in US we call it experimental aviation.

Good luck,

Fred

Sent from my iPhone

> On Oct 22, 2019, at 4:46 PM, Mallard <james@kingdom.ie> wrote:
>

> Hi guys and gals,
> I'm new here as I've just recently purchased a Classic Tri-Gear with a Rotax
912S engine.

> I based in Ireland and you may or may not know that we recently had a tragedy
in Co. Wexford (on the South East Coast) where 2 very experienced pilots (one
was a very experienced instructor) were killed when their Rollason Condor broke
up in mid air.
> This has made me think about Parachutes and I wondered if anyone has ever
> fitted
one to a Europa or know of anyone doing it. Or if anyone has looked into the
possibility/practicality of doing it.