Europa-List: Re: Oil Usage

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Oil Usage
From: h&amp;jeuropa <butcher43@att.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2019 17:26:05

Roger,

Several years ago Rotax issued a revised dipstick.  It has square corners on the
handle, not round like the original.  The new dipstick requires a higher level
of oil in the tank to be in the normal range (the flat on the dipstick).
Supposedly
this was done because of foaming characteristics of some oils.

When we used the new dipstick we found that we had oil on the belly and used oil
like you are seeing.  We went back to the original stick and use only AeroShell
Sport 4 oil and the problem was solved.

Hope this helps.

Jim & Heather

Read this topic online here: