Europa-List: Re: Has anyone had corrosion problems on flap cross tube?

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Has anyone had corrosion problems on flap cross tube?
From: rparigoris <rparigor@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2019 02:44:57

Hi Group

Thx. for replies. My flap cross tube is installed but baggage bay not yet in. I
drilled a .100" hole in situation. The way I did it was I used an air powered
angle drill. I first put a piece of 3M 375 packaging tape on the bottom of the
tube then scuff sanded it with 80 grit. I took a piece of aluminium rod and
drilled a .100" hole in it, it was about1/2" long, then JB KWIK Welded it to the
tape. I had the flap tube in the down position using my EyeChrometer to get
drill jig vertical and in the middle of bend. After cure put cross tube in up
position and drilled hole. ACF 50 with extension tube once in a while while
blowing
and sucking is a good idea also too.
Ron P.

Read this topic online here: