Europa-List: Foam wing; uk approved nav light fixing method

Subject: Europa-List: Foam wing; uk approved nav light fixing method
From: graeme bird <graeme@gdbmk.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2019 00:45:37

I want to put strobes/nav lights on my classic wing tips and, from the forum
note
that wire routing via aileron recess might be best, drilling from there to
the wing tip. Can anyone, having obtained UK LAA approval for such a mod, or
similar,
say what they needed to do to get the light mounting approved; I am thinking
that bonding a shaped aluminium plate with redux and holding wih cleos
while bonding might be approved.

The part built kit I obtained has wiring and a mount to a fin top strobe but
that
will prevent me getting it in my trailer!

--------
Graeme Bird
Kit 2 in build,  Mono Classic 912;
Kit 1 G-UMPY -  Mono Classic/XS FFW 912S, Woodcomp SR3000/3W CS, trutrak Gemini
2 axis AP, PAW, PFLARM, ads-b out, 8.33khz, mode S, FP-5, Aera500, SD on Nexus,
Smart A3
380 hours, 980t
g(@)gdbmk.co.uk

Read this topic online here: