Europa-List: Re: Ditching (Trigear)

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Ditching (Trigear)
From: Hitchflight <bobhitchcock@icloud.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2019 00:07:14

I can confirm that a Europa Mono XS floats for sometime.

But it does not float well. You get wet.

Not theory, all sadly very real. Now three years into new relationship with
another
Europa XS Mono.

My standard equipment on long sea crossings is:

North Sea spec. RFD liferaft
Immersion suit
Life vest
PLB
Flares
Marker dye
Handheld radio
Multiple smaller survival items in grab bag.

I remove some of the above from the list on short sea crossings.
I strongly recommend participating in a sea survival course. Can recommend HOTA

Regards

Bob

Read this topic online here: