Europa-List: Re: Anyone experienced trim runaway?

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Anyone experienced trim runaway?
From: clivesutton <clive.maf@googlemail.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2019 00:19:25

I've not experienced runaway but i did experience a failed switch during the
initial
permit flight testing - with Andy Draper on board.  I think it stopped
responding
to trim switch inputs just after the full trim up tests that Brian mentions.
Anyway, although the a/c was almost at MTOW 1370lbs, it was quite controllable
by using a fair amount of forward stick force and reducing the speed
to just above Vfe to make the 10min flight back to base from the test area.
At no time did i feel unsafe.  Mine is wired though the master SW - perhaps this
SW should be wired direct to the battery/be live all the time - for the
dead-stick
situation that Mike G mentions?

Read this topic online here: