Europa-List: Fitting already built and flown glider wings to a new fusel

Subject: Europa-List: Fitting already built and flown glider wings to a new fuselage
From: Michael Grass <m@grassfam.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2019 07:32:11

Hello all,

I would like to get some input from the group what the best method would be to
fit already flown glider wings to a XS Tri gear fuselage. The fuselage has not
yet the wing lift sockets or wing tie bar installed. Also the short wings are
not closed.

Normally, as I understand, the process would be to fit first the short wings to
the fuselage and then match the glider wings. However, since the glider wings
are completely done and already flown on another fuselage, it makes sense to
me to reverse the procedure and fit the glider wings first and then match the
short wings.

My real question now is:
How to replace the aluminum inserts for the lift pins on the short (or glider)
wings. Does anybody know the type of aluminum is used and what the procedure
would
be?

I believe, since the short wings are still open and its fiberglass , it would be
easier to perform this job on the short wings instead the glider wings.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

A266 Tri-Gear
Michael Grass