Europa-List: Re: Grand Rapids EIS 2000

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Grand Rapids EIS 2000
From: willydewey <willydewey@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2019 09:34:32

Burrilla wrote:
> I assume that the two instruments are measuring the voltage at the same point
and that the connections to the EIS are all good.

> I had a faulty reading on one sensor on mine and it turned out the pin wasnt
locked in the plug so had shaken loose.

> If you determine it is a faulty unit I have one for sale I removed last year
and it is functional.

> Alan Burrill
> G-OBJT
>
> Sent from my iPad
>

> >  On 17 Dec 2018, at 09:54, willydewey  wrote:
> >

> >  Hi Guys
> >  I have an anomoly.  My Grand Rapids EIS2000 reads 8.5 volts when the engine
is running and I am in the air in the cruise. Ay the same time my supplimentary
analogue voltmeter shows 13.8 volts as normal. Cannot stop the warning EIS
light from flashing as a result. Any Ideas and suggestions would be much
appreciated.
> >  Best Regards and I hope all you Guys have a good Christmas and a safe and
happy 2019
> >  Very sorry about the crash in Holland. RIP and sympathies to the families
> >  Bill
> >
> >  --------
> >  Give a wise man knowledge and he will be yet wiser
> >

> >  Read this topic online here:
> >
> >  http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=486339#486339
> >
> >  HI Alan
> > I am still struggeling with the voltage on my GR 2000 EIS and have tried out
the suggestions by the GR suppott team as well as those proposed by Pete Jeffers
and David Joyce all to no avail.  Its a bit  uneconomical to send the unit
back to GR and you mentioned that you had one hanging around that you might
be willing to part with. If thats still the case how much are you asking for it
as it might be a cheaper route for me. unfortunatly the builder didnt leave
any slack in the connecting cables and so just to remove the EIS its necessary
to remove the binacle as well as the instrument panels

--------