Re: ***SPAM*** Europa-List: Fuel tank eaten by mice

Subject: Re: ***SPAM*** Europa-List: Fuel tank eaten by mice
From: Olivier.hequet@neuf.fr <olivier.hequet@neuf.fr>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2019 19:07:58
Hi R=C3=A9my,

There are products for cars who repel mices and rats like this one:

https://www.norauto.fr/catalog/48599_Entretenir-ma-voiture/48630_Nettoyage/4
8632_Nettoyant-exterieur/48758_Anti-rongeurs.html

I think is the best solution. Better than electronic solution.
Olivier

> Le 10 mars 2019 =C3- 14:55, Remi Guerner <air.guerner@orange.fr> a =C3=A9
crit :

> A few months ago I found some white plastic saw dust on the floor of a my s
torage area in the hangar. I thought mice may have eaten some of the adhesiv
e tape used to seal cardboard cases stored there and I forgot about it.
> After pulling the long range tank out of my aircraft yesterday, I discover
ed that it was damaged on two angles (photos attached). There is no possibil
ity for the tank to be damaged when installed in the aircraft as all the coc
kpit and bagage area are covered with carpet. So no risk of rubbing on anyth
ing hard enough to cut into the tank material. Then I realized were that whi
te sawdust was coming from. Mice had eaten my tank while it was stored in th
e hangar, very close to were the dust was discovered last year.
> Fortunately the tank material is thick enough and up to now there is no le
ak. However that means that if mice manage to enter our aircraft, they may e
at the main fuel tank as well as other stuff such as fuel hoses, wiring... T
his is really a cause for concern.