RE: Europa-List: DOTH Old Sarum UK Tuesday 26 Feb

Subject: RE: Europa-List: DOTH Old Sarum UK Tuesday 26 Feb
From: davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2019 17:27:48

Brian, thanks for the correction. Imust have got an out of date version
of the website! David

On 2019-02-25 17:01, Brian Davies wrote:

> Oh, and they also say the radio frequency is now 123.205. (Old Sarum website)

> FROM: owner-europa-list-server@matronics.com
> [mailto:owner-europa-list-server@matronics.com] ON BEHALF OF
> davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk
> SENT: 25 February 2019 11:08
> TO: europa list
> SUBJECT: Europa-List: DOTH Old Sarum UK Tuesday 26 Feb
>
> Dear UK pilots, The Wx prospects for tomorrow look PDG with little or no early
fog, wall to wall sunshine, and light winds., (although what there is is likely
to be cross.) I propose a DOTH to Old Sarum, EGLS, aiming to be there at 12.30.
Free landing voucher in Feb Flyer magazine. For anyone unfamiliar with the
expression DOTH (= Drop of the Hat), it is something that happened fairly
frequently
in the naughties, where someone suggests a place and anyone who fancies
going flying and meeting up with some other Europa pilots simply turns up.
In this instance note that Old Sarum requests PPR by radio. (they do not seem
to have a telephone number). Radio frequency is unchanged 123.200. Said to have
good home cooked food in the A/F restaurant.