Re: Europa-List: DOTH Old Sarum UK Tuesday 26 Feb

Subject: Re: Europa-List: DOTH Old Sarum UK Tuesday 26 Feb
From: Peter Timm <cptimm29@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2019 09:03:10

Peter

davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk
> Sent: 25 February 2019 11:08
> To: europa list
> Subject: Europa-List: DOTH Old Sarum UK Tuesday 26 Feb
>
> Dear UK pilots, The Wx prospects for tomorrow look PDG with  little or
no early fog, wall to wall sunshine, and light winds., (although what
there is is likely to be cross.) I propose a DOTH to Old Sarum, EGLS,
aiming to be there at 12.30. Free landing voucher in Feb Flyer magazine.
For anyone unfamiliar with the expression DOTH (= Drop of the Hat), it
is something that happened fairly frequently in the naughties, where
someone suggests a place and anyone who fancies going flying  and
meeting up with some other Europa pilots simply turns up. In this
instance note that Old Sarum requests PPR by radio. (they do not seem to
have a telephone number). Radio frequency is unchanged 123.200. Said to
have good home cooked food in the A/F restaurant.