Europa-List: Re: IMC Night application - Propeller

Subject: Europa-List: Re: IMC Night application - Propeller
From: carlp101 <cparkinson@ciscuk.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2019 23:44:31

Hi Roland,

The decision height, as I understand, it will depend on the equipment and the
rating
of the pilot. I think even with the best kit if you have an IR(R) you are
limited to 600 feet, but I may be wrong. I'm told that If I have a certified
GPS that has WAAS (mine does but is not certified) and a DME the plane can do
any approach all the way down to 200', but again I could be wrong. I can change
my GPS receiver to a certified version reasonably cheaply, but a DME is costly
and may not be worth it. All this is the next stage in the IMC 'adventure'.

ATB

Carl

Read this topic online here: