Re: Europa-List: Re: Cold weather

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Cold weather
From: Kingsley Hurst <kingsnjan@westnet.com.au>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2019 09:50:29
On 06.02.19 12:46 am, William Daniell wrote:

< actually it wasnt that bad just a loud "clack" on opening the door.
The door would open fine if I just pressed down on the top between the
doors or up on the inside of the door. However I thought it was
interesting and worth sharing. I will file it down a bit when I get
round to it.

Hello William,

Firstly, congratulations on your achievement with respect to your epic
journey. That's what I call a trip!

Regarding your door problem, I had this trouble when I fitted my doors
and found I was making very little progress trying to sand the edge of
the doors for clearance. It suddenly dawned on me that a small spacer
placed midway between the hinges on top of the door surround should work
and to my delight it fixed the problem immediately. The packing has to
be thick enough to ensure the surface of the top of the door is level
with the corresponding surface on the fuselage. Try a piece of
cardboard with sticky tape first if you have any doubts about it working.

See photo attached.

Regards
Kingsley in Oz