Re: Europa-List: Re: Cold weather

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Cold weather
From: William Daniell <wdaniell.longport@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2019 09:46:09
Roland thanks,
actually it wasnt that bad just a loud "clack" on opening the door.  The
door would open fine if I just pressed down on the top between the doors or
up on the inside of the door.  However I thought it was interesting and
worth sharing.  I will file it down a bit when I get round to it.
The prop pitch issue argues that if you set the pitch stop for Florida you
wont develop full take off power on a cold day in Alaska which is
potentially a safety issue.  Luckily I was taking off from long paved
runways on my trip round the gulf but even so the engine sounded labored
under take off power 37" MAP at 5200.

Will

William Daniell
LONGPORT