Europa-List: Cracked Frames

Subject: Europa-List: Cracked Frames
From: Pete Jeffers <pjeffers@talktalk.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2019 15:03:44

Just to update everyone re the Frame crack checks.  So far I have received
around 30 replies.  As yet no cracks reported beyond the original two in the
States.

A couple of damaged frames have been reported after landing incidents, but
these would seem to have come to light following incidents not associated
with normal use and which only came to light during fairly major repair work
after an accident.

The Europa Flyer has just arrived on our doorsteps and this issue includes
the same article as you may have seen on our web site. Since some members
don't view our web site regularly, especially during the Northern Hemisphere
winter, I am hoping for many more responses following the arrival of the
'paper version'.

Answers are still requested in order to provide a greater cross section of
results, so if you have not already done so, please find the time to look at
your aircraft and return your findings to me.  Please answer ALL questions
whether or not you find any cracks or damage.

Pete Jeffers (LAA Inspector Rep to the Europa Club)