Re: Europa-List: Re: Europa-List Digest: 2 Msgs - 12/22/18

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Europa-List Digest: 2 Msgs - 12/22/18
From: Tim Ward <ward.t@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2018 14:07:56
Mike,
Good weather in New Zealand has shifted with Global Climatic changes. Now be
tter to visit late summer in the February/March period where it is more stab
le.
Do come and visit us in Christchurch, on =98main=99 scenic, rugg
ed and beautiful South Island of NZ.
All the best for the festive season.
Cheers,
Tim

Tim Ward
12 Waiwetu Street,
Fendalton,
Christchurch, 8052
New Zealand

ward.t@xtra.co.nz

Mob +64 210640221

> On 24/12/2018, at 10:09 AM, Mike Christine Duane <DuaneFamly@aol.com> wrot
e:

> I agree. I am flying but have done the top tubes during my build. I plugge
d the bottom tubes with silicone sealant to prevent airflow from the engine c
ompartment but could clean it out of the call came to do this.
> On a side note, when is the best time, weather wise to visit NZ? We have a
 Scandinavian trip scheduled this summer but are looking past that.
> Mike
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On Dec 23, 2018, at 11:47 AM, Tim Ward <ward.t@xtra.co.nz> wrote:
>>
>> Mike,
>> Wait a little longer to hear the outcome of the survey and what EUROPA Co
mpany stipulate. Probably =98definitely=99 will be the answer.
>> Tim
>>
>> Tim Ward
>> 12 Waiwetu Street,
>> Fendalton,
>> Christchurch, 8052
>> New Zealand
>>
>> ward.t@xtra.co.nz
>>
>> Mob +64 210640221
>>

>>> On 24/12/2018, at 8:31 AM, Mike Christine Duane <DuaneFamly@aol.com> wro
te:

>>> For those that are still in the building cycle, or even those wishing to
 retrofit, would it be worth doing the same fix to the bottom tubes?

>>> Sent from my iPhone

dea - besides the extra room (I also did the extra width kit), it feels much
 roomier. My Europa is the same interior width as the Mooney I fly, but feel
s much more roomy. My wife also prefers flying in the Europa because of the r
oom. It is also faster than the regular Europa - Bud Yerly, who has built nu
merous 912S powered Europa's says the same thing - mine is the fastest 912S h
e has flown. Flat out at a 1000 feet I get 137 knots. I have heard similar r
eports from other high tops. Doesn't make sense as cross section is larger, b
ut aeronautics is a black art. When I am in a regular Europa I feel like I a
m flying a 1957 Porsche Speedster with the top up. The room may be there, bu
t I am always bending my neck to see out the windshield. The extra 2.5 inche
s or so is really worth while.

he frame during the build? I remember doing so but not sure if it was the to
p or bottom arms. I don't have a manual handy - has anyone else noticed that
 the weight of all the notebooks and auxiliary material almost equals the dr
y weight of the Europa?

@matronics.com> on behalf of Europa-List Digest Server <europa-list@matronic
s.com>

=