Re: Europa-List: Grand Rapids EIS 2000

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Grand Rapids EIS 2000
From: Alan Burrill <alanb@dpy01.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2018 11:01:49

It's worth noting that the Sensor is attached internally to the `Power input for
the device, there is no separate sensor or earth, so effectively the voltage
is that of the Power in to the device and putting a resistor or any other
complaint
in the circuit will impact he power to the device itself.

Pin 9 is the Power input and ground is on pin 13 of the connector.

I have a paper copy of the wiring diagram if that helps.

Alan Burrill
G_OBJT

> On 17 Dec 2018, at 10:28, Alan Burrill <alanb@dpy01.co.uk> wrote:
>

> I assume that the two instruments are measuring the voltage at the same point
and that the connections to the EIS are all good.

> I had a faulty reading on one sensor on mine and it turned out the pin wasnt
locked in the plug so had shaken loose.

> If you determine it is a faulty unit I have one for sale I removed last year
and it is functional.

> Alan Burrill
> G-OBJT
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
>> On 17 Dec 2018, at 09:54, willydewey <willydewey@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> Hi Guys
>> I have an anomoly.  My Grand Rapids EIS2000 reads 8.5 volts when the engine
is running and I am in the air in the cruise. Ay the same time my supplimentary
analogue voltmeter shows 13.8 volts as normal. Cannot stop the warning EIS light
---From flashing as a result. Any Ideas and suggestions would be much
appreciated.
>> Best Regards and I hope all you Guys have a good Christmas and a safe and
>> happy
2019