Europa-List: Re: Who has Nev's cowlings

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Who has Nev's cowlings
From: graeme bird <graeme@gdbmk.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2018 14:35:57

Looks like I am about to start on completing another aged part built kit which
has an 912 and original cowl, engine mount and exhaust system. Any comments on
this set up appreciated.
Will cooling be an issue? Can it be fixed with additional rads etc. My current
912S and XS FWFWD runs too cool for 95% of the year. When I was building my
first
classic I was recommended to go XS and brought a new cowl, and engine mount
but then I hadn't purchased them yet.

What about Nev's cowl and mount - would that have substantial advantages?
Looks like removing the lower cowl on the old classic means removing radiators
or at least the attachment bolts.

The kit currently as a brand new radio K97A and transponder Garmin GX320; is
there
anywhere in the world where they would still be useful?

--------
Graeme Bird
G-UMPY -  Mono Classic/XS FFW 912S, Woodcomp SR3000/3W CS, trutrak Gemini 2 axis
AP, PAW, PFLARM core, ads-b out, 8.33khz, mode S, FP-5, Aera500, SD on Nexus,
Smart A3
350 hours &amp; 6 years on the Mono, 930 total
g@gdbmk.co.uk

Read this topic online here: