Europa-List: Re: Ordering from Europa

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Ordering from Europa
From: John Wighton <john@wighton.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2018 01:56:10

The situation regarding lack of response is not restricted to Europa business.
I have written several times to David with both positive feedback (including
offers to assist with Swift and Europa developments) and some criticism of parts
l received (a CS10a went back and forth a few times before l gave up).  I did
actually get email response from David in 2015 concerning a proposed Mod and
the questionnaire he sent out earlier that year.

Karen normally replies and is helpful and cheery but there can be a significant
gap in communications.  In all cases Europa apply a good margin on distributed
parts - it is up to the individual whether they wish to go direct (to LAS or
wherever) or not.  The justification for a margin should include: a) items in
stock; b) fast turnaround.  We have a vested interest keeping Swift/Europa in
business but the service received could be more timely.

I attended the RAeS Light Aircraft Design Conference in November, David was
listed
as a co-presenter with the SAMAD people but l do not recall seeing him all
day.  Swift co-sponsored the event but the conference subject matter did not
include Swift Aircraft this time.

The Swift website contains some information about David and their move to
Coltishall.
Perhaps they are busy closing out the conformal prototype of the new aircraft
- to be flown under E-Conditions.  The CGI imagined version certainly
looks good - although the RAF scheme of black/yellow may not be too practical
for a composite airframe.  I guess high technology image and the potential to
generate local jobs helped clinch the 2m-3m they were granted not so long ago.

Hopefully David can take time to give the Europa forum an update on his
intentions
for continued airworthiness support, including stock of spare parts?

--------
John Wighton
Europa XS trigear G-IPOD

Read this topic online here: