Europa-List: Woodcomp Ground Adjustable (are they OK?)

Subject: Europa-List: Woodcomp Ground Adjustable (are they OK?)
From: n7188u <chmgarb@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2018 11:50:06

Guys (or gals),

As you know from my previous posting, I am trying to get a well priced Woodcomp
ground adjustable prop. that is in very good shape. This prop (and also a DUC)
came for a neighbors certified LSA.

Do all the conversations about Woodcomp props having problems in hot and humid
climates also relate to ground adjustable ones? I did one once inspect a Sting
2000 LSA with a Woodcomp prop which I had the owner remove and replace due to
delamination at the root. But this airplane sat abandoned in the elements for
years (as well as having had a forced landing in a parking lot once).

I inspected the prop being offered to me and looks good (no delamination). Due
to the good price and known source I would like to get the prop (if for no other
reason than to have a spare) but just making sure their reputation is not so
bad that I am doing something crazy here.

Tonight I am going to look at the prop logbook but I believe it's a Klassic
style
prop, 3 blade (and I think I measure 73 or 74 inches but I have that info at
home).

Thanks for the feedback.
Chris

Read this topic online here: