Europa-List: Re: Occasional engine anomally 912S - water?

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Occasional engine anomally 912S - water?
From: zwakie <mz@cariama.nl>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2018 01:46:57

Suggestion of a by-no-means-expert:

graeme bird wrote:
>  [...] like one mag has been turned off for half a second. It then continues
as normal [...]

Are you saying this 'coughing' only happens once during flight?

If so, then your theory:

graeme bird wrote:
>  [...] starboard side of the tank but after 40 minutes or so the fuel return
to the bottom of the starboard side and roll/pitch changes may have mixed the
water and fuel sufficient [...]

will not hold as if that is the case one would expect it to happen more than
once
a flight.

Also, if this happens only once each flight, Brian's suggestion of debris in the
fuel seems unlikely as this does not line up with your description that it
always
happens about 40 mins. into the flight.

As you were indicating it seems to only happen on initiating a small descend,
e.g.
reducing power after a prolonged period of non-adjusting the power,  I would
suspect the carb jet has slowly been building up a minor bit of contaminiation
or is getting slightly out of alignment (early stages of it getting stuck
completely).

--------
Marcel Zwakenberg
XS TG || 912ULS || PH-SBR