Re: Europa-List: Re: Mono tail wheel spring mounting bolt break

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Mono tail wheel spring mounting bolt break
From: NEEL Jean Philippe <jeanphilippeneel@yahoo.fr>
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2018 05:02:09
Bonjour ErichCould=C2- you please send me a drawing with cotation of your
 interesting solution?MerciJean-Philippe NEELN=C2=B0 273 F-PSLHFrance

    Le Mardi 11 septembre 2018 22h54, Erich Trombley <erichdtrombley@juno.c
om> a =C3=A9crit :

 Hi Barry,=C2-Glad to hear you didn't sustain any damage to your plane.
=C2- Typical of other Mono folks I too bent my tail wheel bolt which led
me to creating the following mod I performed over 10 years ago.=C2- Never
 had a problem since.=C2- The original design relies on the AN5-21A bolt
to counter the torsional load of the tail spring which isn't ideal as you c
an attest too.=C2- I created a simple mod that takes the torsional load f
rom the tail spring and transfers it to the XTW15 steel support plate rathe
r than the AN5 bolt in bending.=C2- I installed an aluminum block with a
channel milled down the middle (the width and height of the mounting end of
 the tail spring) with a through hole in the center to pass the AN5 bolt.
=C2- As shown in the attached drawing the block captivates the end of the
 tail spring and transfers the load as described above.=C2- The AN5 bolt
is now in double shear instead of single shear and bending.=C2- A longer
bolt is required to replace the existing AN5-21A which is too short to pass
 through the block.=C2- That's it. And it works a treat.=C2- You may no
t even require approval of the mod as it could be considered a really thick
 washer of sorts. :)=C2- The mod also prevents the through hole in the bo
ttom of the fuselage in which the AN5 bolt passes from wallowing out.=C2-
Also, regarding bonding of the tail spring to the rear stern post I deviate
d slightly from the instructions.=C2- When I originally installed the tai
l spring I was giving consideration to serviceability and realized if the s
pring were bonded to the stern post I would need to deal with the Redux.=C2
- Realizing the benefit of having the additional bearing surface of the R
edux I installed the tail spring per the manual, however, I applied a relea
se to the tail spring such that the Redux wouldn't adhere.=C2- This allow
s the tail spring to be easily removed without compromising the design.=C2
-=C2-=C2-Glad to answer any questions you may have.=C2-Regards,Eric
hN28ET Classic Mono 914

Unbelievable German World War 2 Photo Shocks Americans
pro.healthresponses.org
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3132/5b9829569b4262956084ast02vuc