Europa-List: Water pump removal «Â-inaircraftÂ-»

Subject: Europa-List: Water pump removal «Â-inaircraftÂ-»
From: JohnFrance <77alembert@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2018 09:30:44

Hello,
I have an intermittent coolant leak on my classic which has a XS firewall
forward
package.
Is it possible to remove the water pump from the engine while it is in situ on
the aircraft?
 In spite of doing pressure tests, running the aircraft with the cowlings off I
have been on the unable to trace the origin of the leak, it does not leak cold
with a pressure of 1,4 bars.
On some flights there is no discernible leak, on others I have lost up to 150 ml
during a two hour flight.
There is a bit of a white deposit on the exhaust heat shield underneath the
water
pump. I have also found liquid on the aluminium plate above the radiators but
the air passage through the radiators has always been dry.

I would rather be sure of where the leak is coming from prior to taking anything
apart. Does anyone have some experience or knowledge they could share with me?

Regards,
John

--------
Europa mono Nr 192