Europa-List: Re: Jamar Brake Cylinder

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Jamar Brake Cylinder
From: Ivor <giver@live.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2018 08:17:54

Too be totally honest the Jamar cylinder isnt fit for purpose!!
Crap is a stronger word i would normally use but i dont want to upset
the gentile folk on this forum,
I have had three on my aircraft, the first one would lose a circuit when it
wanted
and had me of the runway twice, the second one wasnt much better
always loosing pressure but with no leaks, You could pump it up to get a hard
handle before landing,
the third one i completely strip, changed all the seals, honed the bores
cleansed
it to a inch of its life, bleed it for an hour using every means at my
disposal, ( considerably after 55 years in the motor trade) and i still wasnt
happy
with the pressure i was getting,
so bit the bullet and brought two matco cylinders and replaced the awful
Jamar,
the Matco cylinders have been working fine now for Six years, I personally
wouldnt take the chance with a Jamar, going off the runway can be
decremental to your health

Read this topic online here: