Re: Europa-List: Mono brake binding

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Mono brake binding
From: Roger Sheridan <rogersheridan@mac.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2018 08:25:15

I had a similar problem caused by the brake disk fouling the cali per & causing
the piston to jam.
The disc face had been machined & ran true but it had not been radiused.
Managed to file away the offending material without having to remove the wheel.
Regards,

Roger

> On 28 Apr 2018, at 22:56, martinburns <martin_burns@ntlworld.com> wrote:
>

> The brake slave piston on our Mono does not retract when the brake lever is
> released.
This results in the brake constantly dragging.
> After pushing the piston back with a G clamp it is fine for a short while and
then jams again.  I have dismantled the cylinder, fitted a new O ring and
cleaned
up the piston and cylinder, but the condition eventually recurs.