Europa-List: Re: Europa Trigear with Rotax 914 running out of steam at

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Europa Trigear with Rotax 914 running out of steam at
From: Roland <schmidtroland@web.de>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2018 12:31:50

Jim and Heather,
130-140KIAS is not achievable with the Trigear. As I wrote I see 130KIAS at 100%
(MCP) @10000ft, me alone on board. I have the impression, that the Trigear is
not at all comparable with the Mono performance wise. Erich Trombleys Mono is
about 10kt faster at 18k ft than Bud's Trigear. What I'll try next is max cruise
@18k ft to compare that with Bud's 118KIAS. However I don't expect to see
such numbers, given my 105KIAS @ FL200, rather about 110KIAS. My Europa is a
little more draggy for sure, but given the lower fuelflow compared to Bud's
Trigear
I assume, that my 914 lacks power.
Good suggestion to check the wastegate operation - and the MP-gauge of course.
Regards
Roland
PH-ZTI
XS TG 914