Europa-List: Bud Yerly, Custom Flight Creations, Inc. is no longer a Eur

Subject: Europa-List: Bud Yerly, Custom Flight Creations, Inc. is no longer a Europa
From: Bud Yerly <budyerly@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2018 20:16:00
To All.

Over the last 16 years I have been the US Europa Dealer for the US/North Am
erica.  It has been a wonderful trip.  I now am 67 and it is time for me to
 retire and get away from the 7 day a week shop grind and do some of that e
nvious travel that you all get to do.  As we all know, and frankly the fact
ory admits, the Europa has had a 25 year run.  The factory will no longer s
upport dealers, but still supply new kits and replacement parts on much of
the aircraft.  Foam cores and some older parts are no longer supported (rea
d Classic and non NG XS cores) but the ever hard working Karen Pool and her
 assistants will be there to supply new parts/mods and spares as needed.  T
he new 2018 parts catalogue is out, and orders can be placed with the facto
ry directly through Karen.

I believe I sold the last two new factory kits some years ago and in this d
ay of internet sales, the factory will be your source for parts and new kit
s as well as the source for all factory technical support.  The good news i
s the factory has the molds in tip top shape should the fiberglass formed p
arts or kits be needed.

I will still be a Europa owner and as active as I can be on the matronics l
ist and with the Europa Club.  I am keeping open Custom Flight Creations, I
nc. in my Seffner shop and at the Plant City Airport for the time being.  I
 will also keep active as the Airmaster Dealer in the US and will be active
 at Sun =91n Fun for the foreseeable future, opening new markets for Airmas
ter and selling propellers and supporting the Europa Club as long as I can.
  With the termination of my Europa Aircraft dealer status, I will no longe
r be inhibited by non-compete clauses and as such can now suggest alternate
 parts sources and procedures for the US owners.  Those of you in the UK an
d other countries, which have more restrictive parts and modifications rest
rictions, you will always be supported by the factory and of course the exc
ellent guidance of the Europa Club and its relationship with the LAA.

Please watch my website www.customflightcreations.com<http://www.customflig
htcreations.com> over the next weeks and months as many of my ideas, techni
ques, tech articles, spare part sources, tools and rigs will be modified an
d new ones printed on line to allow the Europa Community to share in the th
ings I have learned and done over the years which I could not share in the
past.  I will continue to give paid builder support in my shop for this yea
r.  For those aircraft builders who desire a continuous relationship with m
e during their build in their shop, for a nominal fee (if I charge at all)
I will assist them in their build remotely, as Facetime, Skype, Video Calli
ng etc. are all viable ways to keep in touch where I can see exactly what t
he builder is working with.  I plan to keep the shop open as long as my lan
dlord doesn=92t close on me for the near future.  Anita and I will be takin
g quite a few trips over the next few months, and into the fall and Xmas ti
me frame for sure, so I will post a calendar on my site to keep you apprais
ed of slots that may be open for those of you in need of hands on assistanc
e physically in my shop or are attempting to build in a more comfortable en
vironment than your dark, dank hangar in winter.

I=92m glad to now just be one of those =9Cspecs=9D owners, with
 a bit more hands on experience than the average guy and somewhat more opin
ionated.

Best Regards,
Bud and Anita Yerly
Custom Flight Creations, Inc.