Re: Europa-List: Re: International Fly-In, Gap-Tallard, France, June

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: International Fly-In, Gap-Tallard, France, June
From: davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2018 16:51:23
9-10, 2018

Troyes is highly reccommended. Good ATC, excellent restaurant , Avgas
and UL91 on serve youself with credit card set up. Grass or hard
runways. Beware, like many French A/Fs it closes at lunchtime. It is
where I clear customs for all my French trips, more or less. Worth
trying to get there by 12MD (11.00 British time) & sample the
restaurant. The city itself is very interesting and worth a stopover.

Regards, David Joyce, GXSDJ

On 2018-04-13 13:22, James Kelly wrote:

> Hi Carl,
> I've been looking at your proposed route. Where do you intend to clear customs
"DEVIM" where's that ?
> Best wishes
> Jim Kelly G-BWEG Europa taildragger 912 UL
>
> On Fri, Apr 13, 2018 at 11:01 AM, carlp101 <cparkinson@cisc-uk.com> wrote:
>

>> Glad to hear it's still on.
>>
>> I don't know what routes people are planning to take, but I'm considering the
following. Comments / advice appreciated:

>> Membury UK to Troyes Barberey via Goodwood, Amiens and DEVIM to clear
>> immigration.
>> Troyes - Grenoble
>> Follow the valley south of Grenoble past Corps, Saint Bonnet en Champsaur,
>> Gap
Hospital and into Gap Tallard.

>> I could route via Valence, but that would be at the expense of some amazing
scenery.

>> Read this topic online here:
>>
>> http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=479299#479299 [1]
>>
>> ===================================