Re: Europa-List: Back up engine instruments

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Back up engine instruments
From: William Daniell <wdaniell.longport@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2018 06:31:11
Yes the levil is a flying instrument...

As far as the engine goes I'm faced with a dilemma.

EITHER I go for a patch solution ....the absolute minimum back up round
gauges....say Rpm, map and oil temp

OR I rebuild my panel based on lessons learned in the first 50 hours.   In
this case I would include a dynon EIS like the D10....dynon because of
engine probe compatibility and it frees up space on my pfd.  This will give
me the opportunity to include the inputs that I didn't include in the
initial build like fuel quantity and fuel flow.  Also change cb for blade
fuses and so on.  But I am loath to fix something which is essentially
working pretty well......

The annoying thing with much of this kit is that it seems the sensors are
not compatible.  The rotax sensors are common obviously.   It seems that
mgl kit won't work with dynon map sensor....albeit it's not a huge thing to
run a tube into the panel.  Likewise the levil will display GRT ems but not
dynon which is annoying.  So what you end up with is double sensors and
double wiring.....

Will