Europa-List: Re: One for the books.

Subject: Europa-List: Re: One for the books.
From: Roland <schmidtroland@web.de>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2017 01:40:04

Very interesting alternatives for the stock Rotax 914 which I have. However -
aren't
the FI retro fittings not even more dependent on electricity? I've given
that some thoughts also with my 914 setup (two electrical fuel pumps) and my
understanding is, that in case of an alternator failure the fuel pumps are
running
until the battery is sucked empty. In case of a Lithium battery (optimized
for high loads during start up) there isn't too much time until the engine quits
I guess.

I have gotten the info from Silent Hektik, that they MIGHT come up with some
sort of backup of the size of a matchbox for the next AERO (they also supplied
a fuel injection for the Rotax 912 some time ago
https://www.silent-hektik.de/UL_912_1.htm )

Cheers
Roland
PH-ZTI